St. Mary’s Athletics and Boosters Club
St. Mary’s Athletic Program is sponsored by the SMS Boosters Club. Athletics available at SMS include soccer, basketball, volleyball and track & field The Boosters Club provides funds and equipment to manage the athletic programs.
All athletics are governed by the Diocese of Peoria. A copy of the Athletic Handbook can be found at the Diocesan web-site, or at the link below:
* All parents are considered members of the Booster Club.
Baseball is available to boys in 7th & 8th Grade and is played in the fall.
Basketball is available for boys and girls in 4th – 8th Grade. SMS teams play other Catholic and private schools in the Peoria area. St. Mary’s is host to the Monsignor Livingston 5th Grade Boys Tournament in January.
The soccer program is governed by the Peoria Parochial Soccer Association (PPSA) and is a parish sponsored sport. Any student entering grades 1 – 8 in the fall that attend St. Mary’s School or who are active members of St. Mary’s Parish in Kickapoo, St. Patrick’s in Elmwood, St. Joseph’s in Brimfield and St. Sharbel in Peoria are eligible to play on the Mustangs soccer teams. The season lasts for August to early October.
Volleyball is available to girls in 5th – 8th grades. The season is from February to April. St. Mary’s plays other Catholic and private schools in the Peoria area.
Track & Field
SMS offers a competitive track team for 5th – 8th grade boys and girls. The team participates in the Peoria Parochial Track Meet in May as well as other meets with local public schools such as Brimfield and Dunlap.
- First Place, IESA State 100 Meter, 2017 & 2018
- Third place, IESA State Shot Put 7th Grade Boys Track, 2017
- First place, IESA State 100M & 200M Dash 7th Grade Girls Track
- 200M State Record Holder 7th Grade Girls 2017
- Fourth place, IESA State Long Jump 7th Grade Girls 2017
- 2017 State Runner Up 7th Grade Girls Team Trophy (team of one girl)
- First place, IESA State 100M Dash 7th Grade Girls 2016
- First place, St. Mark’s Boys JV Basketball Tournament, 2008
- Second place, St. Mary’s – Monsignor Livingston 5th Grade Boys Basketball Tournament, 2008
- First place, Parochial Soccer Tournament, Third/Fourth Girls, 2006
- Second place, Parochial Soccer League, Third/Fourth Boys, 2006
- Second place, St. Phil’s 6th Grade Boys Basketball Tournament, 2006
- Consolation Champs, Blessed Sacrament 6th Grade Girls Volleyball, 2006